NowFloats takes your privacy very seriously, however, we also wish to explain that creating a website to be found, means you want to expose data to the world. Whereas this may include your customers, it also includes many other publics - who might not be excluded from viewing what you are talking about, just because you wish it so.
We list below what information we get from you and how we use it or may use it in the future. So with a pinch of realism and a whole lot of tech-safety measures, let's jump straight into the Tech-Legalities 101.
- Registration information: When you sign up and register with NowFloats, you are required to provide information such as your name, business name, business address, and mobile number.
- Business information you update: You can choose to update your business contact numbers, email addresses. You can also provide your business category and your brand identity including your business or brand logo. Moreover you can also upload images related to your business to the "Image Gallery".
- Public business updates: The regular messages you upload and share with the public to your "website" via SMS (to 56767878 or 09246462616), manage.nowfloats.com (Manage-portal) using your credentials or through the NowFloats Boost app, the image messages you post through Manage-portal or the NowFloats Boost app.
- Other Information:
- We receive data about you whenever you use or are running NowFloats Boost or the Manage-portal, such as when you send or receive a message, seek analytics, update store information, click on, view or otherwise interact with things, or make purchases through NowFloats Store.
- When you post things like photos or videos on NowFloats, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video.
- We receive data from or about the computer, mobile phone, or other devices you use to install NowFloats Boost app or to access NowFloats Manage-portal, including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include network and communication information, such as your IP address or mobile phone number, and other information about things like your internet service, operating system, location, the type (including identifiers) of the device or browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your GPS or other location information so we can inform your customers or your potential customers that your business is nearby, or we could request device information to improve how our apps work on your device.
- We receive data whenever you visit an application, or website that uses the NowFloats platform or visit a site with a NowFloats feature (such as a 'discovery plugin'), sometimes through cookies. This may include the date and time you visit the site; the web address, or URL, you're on; technical information about the IP address, browser and the operating system you use; and, if you are logged in to NowFloats, your User ID.
When we use the phrase "public information", we mean the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available. By choosing to make it public, we mean, choosing to display certain information on your website.Information you choose to make public
Information that is always publicly available
- Choosing to make your information public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone landing on your website by NowFloats, either by typing the URL or coming through a search engine result click, will be able to see it.
- Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
- Can be associated with you (i.e., your displayed business name, business address, logo image, featured image, image gallery, message board, URL, page statistics, social sharing links, etc.)
- Can show up when someone does a search on NowFloats or on a public search engine;
- Will be accessible to the NowFloats-linked business directory, applications, and websites; and
- Will be accessible to anyone who uses our APIs and internal search.
- When others share information about you, for instance sharing your website, or sharing a message you have posted on your website, using your social media options, they can also choose to make it public.
The types of information listed below are always publicly available, and they are treated just like information you decided to make public:
- Displayed Business Name:
This helps people search for your business.
- Business Descriptor:
Unless you specifically delete the business description, this will be publicly displayed.
- Business Contact Details:
Your business contacts, which may include accurate business address, email address, mobile or telephone numbers and/or other website addresses.
- All Business updates:
Any business updates (text, image or video) that you make and that appear on your website, are all in the public domain and searchable.
- Business Logo & Hyperlink:
The logo file uploaded is always displayed for people to easily recognize your brand. The hyperlink to any other website you might own will always be displayed.
- 'Site Sense' Keywords:
Auto generated 'Site Sense' Keywords will always be visible on your website.
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your subscribed customers or potential customers who might want to subscribe to your website and its contents, our partners, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the applications, and websites you use. For example, in addition to helping people see and find things that you do and share, we may use the information we receive about you:
- As part of our efforts to keep NowFloats products, services and integrations safe and secure;
- To protect NowFloats' or others' rights or property;
- To make suggestions to you and other users on NowFloats, such as: suggesting what kind of messages to update or when to update them; and
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
Granting us permission to use your information not only allows us to provide NowFloats as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
- Received your permission;
- Given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
- Removed your name and any other personally identifying information from it.
Of course, for information others share about you, they control how it is shared. We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above.
Typically, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted. For certain categories of data, we may also tell you about specific data retention practices. We may enable access to public information that has been shared through our services. We may allow service providers to access information so they can help us provide services.
If you want to stop using your service with NowFloats, you can get in touch with us to either deactivate or delete it.
Deactivating your account puts your account on hold. People searching for it online will no longer find it, but we do not delete any of your information. Deactivating an account is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to reactivate your account at some point in the future.
When you delete your account, it is permanently deleted from NowFloats. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 180 days. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account.
In case you have any issues with the product, the same should be reported during the demo period during business hours. No refund requests will be entertained after moving to a paid subscription and invoice being sent. Customer support will be available for the duration of the subscription of the paid product.
Any product of NowFloats does not guarantee:
- A specific amount of business.
- A specific position on any search engines in a specific amount of time.
NowFloats is a marketing tool that helps your business get discovered online on search engines and get more business. It does not guarantee a specific search engine position or amount of business.